In conjunction with participation in Additive Manufacturing Area in JIMTOF 2024 to be held from Tuesday, November 5 to Sunday, November 10, 2024 (hereinafter referred to as the Area), the applicant wishing to participate in the Area (hereinafter referred to as the "Applicant") and Tokyo Big Sight Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "TBSI") hereby agree to observe these "Provisions of the Exhibition Agreement", "Exhibition Guidelines", as well as the "Exhibitors’ Manual" and such other rules and regulations that TBSI establishes and provides to the Applicant (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Provisions of the Exhibition Agreement").
◆ Article 1. - Application for Exhibition and Agreement
◆ Article 2 – Size of Exhibition Area and Location of Exhibition Booth
◆ Article 3. - Conclusion of Agreement
◆ Article 4. – Payment of Booth Rental Fee
- Based upon the size of the exhibition area stipulated in Article 2 hereof, TBSI shall invoice the booth rental fee set forth in “Exhibition Guidelines” to be established by TBSI. The Applicant shall be obliged to pay the booth rental fee invoiced by TBSI by way of remitting payment to the bank account indicated on the invoices by the due dates designated in the respective invoices.
- If the Applicant is a member of an organization and the organization itself invoices and collects the booth rental fee on behalf of the Applicant, the payment to the relevant organization by the Applicant shall be deemed the payment of the booth rental fee to TBSI by the Applicant (the same shall apply with respect to the payment and receipt of the booth rental fee stipulated in these Provisions of the Exhibition Agreement).
◆ Article 5. – Bank Transfer Fee, Etc.
◆ Article 6 - Period of Use of Exhibition Space
◆ Article 7 - Prohibition of Assignment of Exhibition Space
◆ Article 8 - Cancellation or Modification of Exhibition Agreement
The Applicant may not cancel or modify the Exhibition Agreement, in
principle, whether in whole or in part, except to the extent that the
Applicant notifies TBSI of such intention in writing or otherwise and
obtains its consent thereon, in which event, however, the Applicant shall
be required to pay a penalty to TBSI in the amount set forth in the table
below, according to the date on which TBSI receives notification in
writing or otherwise from the Applicant.
Deadline Cancellation fee On or after the date on which the lump sum payment for the booth rental fee is due 100% of the booth rental fee (total amount inclusive of tax)
If any amount of the booth rental fee is already paid, all or part of the amount already paid shall be applied to the cancellation fee. Further, the amount of the cancelation fee to be paid when a part of the Exhibition Agreement is cancelled shall be calculated based upon the amount of the cancellation fee corresponding to the size of the exhibition area to be cancelled.
- If the Applicant loses its status as a member of an organization, this shall constitute a modification of the agreement, and the status of the Applicant thereunder shall be changed to that of a "non-member." In this case, TBSI shall additionally charge the Applicant for the amount to cover the difference in the booth rental fee, and the Applicant shall pay such amount to TBSI.
If TBSI considers that any of the items set forth below has occurred with
the Applicant, TBSI may cancel the Exhibition Agreement without any
prior notice, in which case, TBSI shall not be required to return to the
Applicant any amount of the booth rental fee already received, and TBSI
shall not be held liable for any damage, etc. to the Applicant as a result
thereof, and be entitled to demand compensation from the Applicant for
damage, etc. If the Exhibition Agreement is cancelled during the period
of the Fair, the Applicant must forthwith discontinue all actions relevant
to participation in the Area and restore the Exhibition Space to its original
condition at its own expense as stipulated in Article 16 of this Agreement
pursuant to instruction from TBSI:
i) If there is a risk that the Applicant may violate the purpose of the Area;
ii) If there is a risk that the Applicant may disturb public order or offend good morals;
iii) If there is a risk that the Applicant may inconvenience other exhibitors;
iv) If there is a risk that the Applicant may cause damage to the building of the venue, or to the facilities or instruments installed thereat;
v) If the Applicant is found to be an organized crime group, a member of an organized crime group, a person or organization affiliated with an organized crime group, a corporate extortionist or a group engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social campaigns or political activities, etc. (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Antisocial Forces");
vi) If any false statement is made in the application form to participate in the Area;
vii) If any change is made to the contents of the exhibit but approval of TBSI is not obtained thereon;
viii) If the Applicant breaches any of the Provisions of the Exhibition Agreement or fails to comply with TBSI's instructions;
ix) If any of the foregoing items occur to the co-exhibitor or represented company of the Applicant;
x) If the Applicant commits any act that is not appropriate at the Area; or
xi) If the Applicant is otherwise considered to hinder the management and operation of the Area.
◆ Article 9 - Change of Schedule and Cancellation of Fair
- TBSI may change the dates, opening hours and size of the venue or cancel the Area itself in the event of a natural disaster, a large-scale epidemic of an infectious disease, due to regulations or at the request of the government, an administrative agency or a public institution or an organization similar to the foregoing, if the land or building where the Area is to be held becomes unsuitable, or due to other force majeure events beyond the control or responsibility of TBSI.
- TBSI shall not be held liable for any damage that the Applicant may suffer as a result of the circumstances provided for in the preceding paragraph.
- When the dates, opening hours or size of the venue are to be changed pursuant to the provision of Paragraph (1) above, TBSI shall be entitled to take necessary actions without securing the consent of the Applicant, and the Applicant may not terminate or modify the Exhibition Agreement because of the change that may be made.
- If the Fair is to be canceled pursuant to Paragraph (1) above, TBSI shall return to the Applicant the booth rental fee already paid to TBSI after deducting therefrom the amount set forth in the table below as necessary expenses. If the Applicant has not paid the booth rental fee by the time a decision is made to cancel the Fair, the Applicant shall be obliged to pay to TBSI the applicable amount set forth in the table below.
|Date of decision to cancel Fair||Necessary expenses deducted from the booth rental fee|
|By Thursday, February 29, 2024||0% of the booth rental fee (total amount inclusive of tax)|
|Between Friday, March 1 and Friday, May 31, 2024||10% of the booth rental fee (total amount inclusive of tax)|
|Between Saturday, June 1 and Monday, September 30, 2024||20% of the booth rental fee (total amount inclusive of tax)|
|Between Tuesday, October 1 and Monday, October 28, 2024||50% of the booth rental fee (total amount inclusive of tax)|
|On or after Tuesday, October 29, 2024||100% of the booth rental fee (total amount inclusive of tax)|
◆ Article 10 – TBSI’s Care and Exemption from Liability
- During the period of the Area as well as the period for delivery and removal of the exhibits, TBSI shall endeavor to manage and preserve the exhibits and the venue in general by exercising due care as a good manager. TBSI shall be entitled to request the Applicant to suspend or restrict delivery and removal of the exhibits or performing demonstrations or otherwise effect other measures as may be necessary for the smooth operation of the Area, in which event, the Applicant shall be required to immediately effect such measures as may be requested by TBSI at its own cost.
- If the Applicant fails to effect the necessary measures as set forth in the preceding paragraph, TBSI shall be able to effect such necessary measures on behalf of the Applicant, and the cost and expenses needed for such measures shall be borne by the Applicant. TBSI shall not be responsible for any damage that may be suffered by the Applicant as a result thereof.
- TBSI shall not be held liable in any way if any of the Applicant’s exhibits, decor or other similar items are damaged or stolen if it results from a natural disaster, force majeure event, or for other reasons not attributable to TBSI.
◆ Article 11 - Applicant's Duty of Care
- The Applicant shall, by its own responsibility and at its own cost, exercise due care for the proper management of its exhibits, decor or such other items during the period of the Fair as well as the period for delivery and removal, and endeavor for a smooth operation of the Area pursuant to the Provisions of the Exhibition Agreement during the course of delivery and removal and performance of demonstrations, etc.
- The Applicant shall be liable, personally, or jointly and severally with its agent, for any damage that may be caused to TBSI or a third party due to an intentional act or negligence of itself or of its agent.
- The provisions of the preceding two paragraphs shall apply mutatis mutandis to co-exhibitors and represented companies.
- The Applicant shall be liable, jointly and severally with co-exhibitors or represented companies, as the case may be, with respect to the liabilities of co-exhibitors or represented companies under paragraph (2) of this Article, which applies mutatis mutandis pursuant to the immediately preceding paragraph, or under the preceding paragraph.
◆ Article 12 - Exhibits
- The Applicant may designate as its exhibits those articles that are shown in the “Items to be exhibited” incorporated in the “Exhibition Guidelines” that TBSI establishes separately herefrom, and may exhibit only those articles that are approved by TBSI in advance.
- If the Applicant exhibits an article in violation of the preceding paragraph, and TBSI requires the Applicant to immediately remove such article, the Applicant must immediately do so at the Applicant's expense.
- If the Applicant fails to remove the article immediately as required under the preceding paragraph, TBSI shall be entitled to take necessary measures on behalf of the Applicant, and the cost and expenses needed for such measures shall be borne by the Applicant. TBSI shall not be liable for any damage that may be caused to the Applicant as a result thereof.
◆ Article 13 – Obligation to Pay Fees for Use of Facilities
- When the Applicant finds it necessary to use the facilities and/or services provided by TBSI (hereinafter referred to as “Ancillary Facilities”), the Applicant must go through the formalities prescribed in the "Exhibitors’ Manual" established by TBSI separately herefrom and pay the prescribed fees by the respective prescribed due dates.
- If co-exhibitors or represented companies deeds the Ancillary Facilities, the Applicant shall be responsible to go through any and all necessary formalities therefor and pay the fees that may be necessary in relation thereto.
- If the Applicant is a member of an organization, the provisions of Article 4, paragraph 2 shall apply mutatis mutandis.
◆ Article 14 – Execution of Decorative Work
- Any decorative work must be executed by the Applicant by its own responsibility and at its own cost within the Exhibition Space.
- When performing decorative work, the Applicant shall be required to abide by the relevant provisions of the "Exhibitors’ Manual" established by TBSI separately herefrom.
- If the Applicant executes any decorative work in violation of the preceding paragraph, TBSI may require the Applicant to immediately carry out such work as may be necessary to repair or rectify it at the Applicant's expense. In such a case, the Applicant must immediately repair or rectify the relevant decoration.
- If the Applicant fails to immediately repair or rectify the relevant decoration as required under the preceding paragraph, TBSI shall be entitled to repair or rectify it or take such other measures as TBSI may deem appropriate, and the cost and expenses therefor may be charged to the Applicant. TBSI shall not be liable for any damage to the Applicant that may result from this action.
◆ Article 15 - On-the-Spot Inspections
- When it is necessary for the reason of security, fire, or crime prevention, or otherwise necessary for the purpose of administration and operation of the venue, TBSI or its representative may, with proper prior notice to the Applicant, enter and inspect the Exhibition Space, and take any measures deemed appropriate by TBSI, in which event the Applicant shall be required to cooperate with TBSI in taking such appropriate measures.
- When an appropriate measure must be taken emergently, it shall be deemed sufficient if TBSI gives an ex post facto report thereof to the Applicant.
◆ Article 16 - Restoration to Original Conditions
- The Applicant shall return the Exhibition Space to TBSI after removing all exhibits, decorations and all other fixtures and equipment set up by the Applicant within the Exhibition Space at its own expense and restore it to its original condition (hereinafter referred to as the "Restoration to Original Condition") by the expiration of the period of the right to use the Exhibition Space.
- If the Applicant fails to restore the Exhibition Space to its original conditions pursuant to the preceding paragraph, it shall be deemed that the Applicant has relinquished its rights of ownership to any and all exhibits, decorations and all other articles left in the Exhibition Space, and TBSI can dispose of any such articles at its discretion and may charge the cost and expenses therefor to the Applicant. The Applicant may neither make any claim nor raise an objection toward TBSI in connection therewith.
- In restoring the Exhibition Space to its original conditions, the Applicant may not request TBSI to purchase any of its exhibits, decorations or other articles, demand payment of compensation for removal, or make any other claim whatsoever to TBSI.
◆ Article 17 - Prohibited Acts
ii) Displaying exhibits, performing decorative work, distributing catalogs or otherwise engaging in advertising activities outside the Exhibition Space within the building and site of the venue, except to the extent otherwise approved by TBSI in advance;
iii) Engaging in any act that may cause inconvenience to other exhibitors, visitors or TBSI;
iv) Engaging in any act that may cause damage to the building, facilities or site of the venue, including the Exhibition Space;
v) Engaging in any acts that are prohibited under the Provisions of the Exhibition Agreement; and
vi) Engaging in any other acts or actions that TBSI considers inappropriate.
◆ Article 18 - Observance of Regulations
◆ Article 19 - Handling of Personal Information
- When the Applicant obtains personal information at the Area, it must comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other applicable laws and regulations, and acquire, manage, and administer such information in an appropriate manner.
- When using personal information, the purpose of use must be announced and notified in advance, and the relevant information must be used within the scope of purpose so announced or notified.
- Any dispute that may arise with a third party in relation to the acquisition, management or administration of personal information shall be resolved at the responsibility of the Applicant.
◆ Article 20 - Jurisdiction
◆ Article 21 - Status of Organizing and Supporting Organizations
◆ Other Matters
Provisions of the Exhibition Agreement for Additive Manufacturing Area in JIMTOF 2024 in PDF, please click here
Collection, Usage, and Provision of Personal Information
When Tokyo Big Sight acquires personal information, the purpose of usage must be clarified and the information must be gathered in legal and fair means. The usage and provision of personal information must remain within the clarified and predefined usage and provision.
Purpose of Usage for Personal Information
Tokyo Big Sight uses personal information gathered from customers for the following purposes.
(1) Contact parties or follow procedures related to the use of facilities managed by Tokyo Big Sight.
(2) Provide Information related to exhibitions, conferences, and other business activities organized by Tokyo Big Sight.
(3) Perform tasks including sending information and necessary materials, confirming receipts, payment to parties that have applied for an exhibition, or conference organized by Tokyo Big Sight.
(4) Perform surveys related to improving customer satisfaction, related to the planning and development of organizing an event, or providing building services.
(5) Send the Tokyo Big Sight promotional magazine or invitations to Tokyo Big Sight organizing events.
(6) When personal information is gathered for other purposes, the purpose of usage is clarified.
(7) Comply with laws, directives, and guidance from governmental organizations.
Provision to Third Parties
Tokyo Big Sight will not provide or disclose personal information provided by customers to third parties except in cases where the customers’ consent is given or where the information must be supplied for legal reasons. However, necessary personal information may be provided to the subsidiary company Big Sight Service Corp. for the purpose of providing a requested service.
Tokyo Big Sight may outsource the handling of personal information in order to fulfill the purpose of usage. The entrusted parties enter into a contract with the personal information protection protocols so that the handling of personal information continues to be managed and controlled.
Proper Management of Personal Information
Tokyo Big Sight takes appropriate safety measures for collected personal information to prevent unauthorized access, falsification, destruction, leakage, or loss. Employees who handle personal information are provided with training and educational activities to protect personal information.
- Disclosure, Correction, or Deletion of Personal Information
Tokyo Big Sight endeavors to manage the latest and most accurate personal information. Tokyo Big Sight will promptly comply with customer requests to check, change, or correct registered information, to stop providing services, or to delete registration.
Compliance to Laws and Other Standard Practices
Tokyo Big Sight practices the handling of personal information according to laws and other standard practices, and constantly strives to make improvements to the above activities.
（Questions and comments about personal information）
Personal information management: FAX:+81-3-5530-1222
Name and contact information for responsible person
The responsible party is:
Tokyo Big Sight Inc.3-11-1 Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0063 JAPAN
You can reach our data protection officer at:
Tokyo Big Sight Inc.
Personal information management
3-11-1 Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0063 JAPAN
Purposes of processing the data
Tokyo Big Sight Inc., co-organizer, and its contractor process your registered personal data for the purposes as below, if you give us your consent.
(1) To satisfy contractual requirementsTokyo Big Sight Inc., co-organizer, and its contractors may use personal information registered with consent beforehand for the purpose of satisfaction of contractual requirements.
(2) To send e-mail newsletterTokyo Big Sight Inc.usually use email for provision of informationrelated to exhibitions, conferences, and other business activities organized byTokyo Big Sight Inc.
(3) To answer the inquiry, if any
(4) Correspondence to the request, if any(e.g. providing the show brochure or information, etc.)
(5) To introduce vendor/service provider for the exhibition
(6) To provide information from vendor/service provider for the exhibition
(7) To introduce seminar/event/exhibition(8)To investigate and analyze access tendencies of official websiteof the respective exhibition organized by Tokyo Big Sight Inc.
Recipients of the data
Only those who absolutely need your data to satisfy our pre-contractual, contractual and legal obligations or to communicate with you will receive access to said data. These can include:
・Tokyo Big Sight Inc.
・Co-organizer of the exhibition
・Contractors of respective exhibition organizedby Tokyo Big Sight Inc.
・Data processorassigned by Tokyo Big Sight Inc.
・Exhibitors who utilize lead retrieval system at the respectiveexhibition organizedby Tokyo big Sight Inc.
Additional data recipients can be those to whom you have given your consent for data transmission on a case-by-case basis.
Transmission to Japan
Japan hastheadequacy decision by the EU Commission. With your consent or to satisfy contractual or legal obligations, we transmit data to Japan. Tokyo Big Sight Inc. manages personal data with appropriate protection measures such as identification and recognition of access, restriction, management of authorization, recording, measure for the malware, and safety measure at data transmission. You canget detail of measures with contact to Tokyo Big Sight Inc.
- Categories of personal data concerned
Tokyo Big Sight Inc. will collect and processyour personalinformation such as your name, name of company, section, position, address, phone number,fax number, e-mail address, country, and business category.
Duration of storage
Your data will be stored until our contractual obligations have been met. The data will be deleted if your knowledge is no longer necessary or if the purpose ceases to exist.
Your rights under the data privacy law
With respect to personal data concerning you, you have the right to access your information, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, and data portability.
At any time you can revoke consent given to us to process your personal data with effect for the future.EU residentsalso have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority according to Article 77 GDPR.。
Your consent of data provision
Provision of personal data isn’t a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. Data subject is not obligated for making contract. But you can’t register as exhibitor or visitor unless you provide your personal information required to fulfill onthe form.
Automated decision-makingincluding profiling
We do not use personal data for any automated decision-making including profiling to create or perform contractual relationships.
The inquiry form of the respective exhibition organized by Tokyo Big Sight Inc. uses encrypted transmission via SSL for the purpose of personal data protection.
Implement appropriate measures
Tokyo Big Sight Inc.implements appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk.
General Privacy Statement on the organization of trade fairs for JIMTOF 2024 in PDF, please click here
Please check that you have read and understand the above statements.